I have had my work experience in the art gallery ‘QUEST GALLERY’. I have been assisting with running exhibition. My job was to provide customers, with information about artwork. You build connection with random people which interest is mostly similar to yours. I think by that experience I have developed my skills in dealing with this type of custom. Dave who runs the gallery was very helpful and he has answer all my questions. It wasn’t very busy in the gallery so has told me about his experience with running gallery and about random things that happen and you have to deal with in that branch. So our talk has change into the interview. It was great as he was perfect person to answer the question. His answers will be very helpful in the future especially if I want to run my own Art Gallery in Poland. I have started in the morning from the time when gallery was open. Very important thing was security procedure. Dave had to switch of the alarm first. Then we just had a talk about gallery duties for rest of the day. It wasn’t very busy on that day. We had a few people coming to have a look. Some of them have like to be shown around and listen to the artwork background stories, however there where few that just liked to explore gallery themselves in peace and quiet. I have done some dusting so the artwork is presented well. It was actually very good to get so close to the sculpture work and get closer than usually you can get as a viewer and not the owner of work. There were few pieces from Australia inspired by Australian landscapes. There were world famous pieces, which were going around of different galleries to appeal to more viewer, art lovers and art collectors. During that day we had a few phone calls from people, which stay in touch with gallery. There was person really interested in art from Austria. He seems to be really interested in one of the sculptures. Few other viewing people have been asking about prices of the work. One woman did like the painting but she still wasn’t too happy with price. Dave say that he will ask the artist if he will accept lower amount but it still wouldn’t be price which she ask for. He was very friendly. The gallery takes the percentage from the sale and that’s how they make the money. I was surprised that actually they make any, as it really doesn’t look busy enough. Because is not that busy, I could not really benefit that much from the work experience. I would probably have to spend there longer time to deal with more cases, not just hear about them. In general, it gave me better view on this kind of businesses how there work, about relation with the clients. I heard about finding clients and promoting the name of gallery by promoting artwork, which is showed. About exhibitions preparation and finding artists willing to show theirs work.
I think that I have spoken with Dave about most of the aspects of running gallery, and about most of the thing that did not happen on that day in the gallery.
He was very helpful and we will stay in touch so if I have any questions in the future he will be perfect person to ask.

Brak komentarzy:
Prześlij komentarz